There are obviously many things that go into making a good blog, one thing can not just be picked out of the pack from the rest. A good blog has to be eye catching, enticing, interesting, and cause it’s readers to think beyond the words on the page.
Ben’s Bitter Blog
This blog does a good job of using current media to express his story. By using “GIF’s” as a regular form source material, he can gain common readers; a “fan base” so to speak. The blog itself is eye catching with lots of options on the front page. Also there is a weekly blog post on Friday. This gives readers something to expect every week, keeping readers engaged.
Zo Around The World
Some blogs are good at catching an audience simply by the topic. Travel blogs are very popular, because many people like to travel. This blog does a great job of using SEO to catch people who may or may not even read blogs, because the topics of the post are commonly asked questions; “6 Best Hotels in India”, “8 Lessons Learned from Life Long Travel”, ect. Many people look for advice when traveling, blogs like this that offer tips and advice get lots of followers because of that.
Recipe in a Bottle
Food is another topic that will never get old and that people will always want to know more about. This blog does everything a good blog should do, it is enticing and gives reders something to think about after reading. Instructions on how to make food, tips for certain types of foods, and where to get the best foods all make this blog a popular visit.
As said before, there is no “One thing” that make a blog better than all the rest, there are many factors.
- Relevancy: The topic has to be something that people are going to want to read, not many people want to read about why you have fungus under your toes…that’s just not practical.
- Interesting: Not only does it have to be intersting for your readers, but YOU have to be into it as well. If you don’t love what you’re doing, then why are you doing it at all?
- Eye catching: Make your site and your post look cool! Make a title or a header look like something that readers want to open up. If it doesn’t look good people won’t read it, simple as that.
- SEO: Topics that you are writing about have to be able to be found. The title has to be something someone can type in the search bar and find.
- Have fun!: Obviously blog posts are supposed to be a good time. You obviously want to write about something. Be passionate, be expressive, and be you! It’s your blog let you real self be seen by the viewers.
Let this be a good place for beginners to start. All it takes a little motivation and the drive to do it. So, go do it!